American Dental Association Offers Low-Cost PPE to All U.S. Dentists
The American Dental Association has been working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to secure PPE for dentists across the country. FEMA has allotted a significant amount of 3M-made KN95 masks, as well as Level 1 non-surgical polyester isolation gowns for distribution to all dentists at a minimal cost.**
The AAO is collaborating with the ADA to extend to you ADA’s invitation to place an order for these masks and/or gowns by registering below. Please note:
● Masks will be shipped in a 50-pack. Those currently in stock are 3M-made KN95 masks (model 9502+) and are FDA and NIOSH approved. These masks have headbands, which are considered to be more comfortable than ear loops. The reimbursement fee** for the 50-pack of masks will be $26.50.
● Gowns will be shipped separately in a 25-pack. The pack will include a variety of sizes from Small to XX-Large. These gowns are washable/reusable and are supplied during the COVID-19 pandemic subject to FDA docket 2020-D-1138. The reimbursement fee* for the 25-pack of gowns will be $31.25.
● If you have already placed an order for either the 50-pack of masks or the 25-pack of gowns through the ADA, you will not be able to place another order for that particular item at this time.
● The ADA can only ship this PPE to the 50 U.S. states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Requesting Your PPE
To request your PPE, you will need your ADA number. Every U.S. dentist has an ADA number assigned during dental school that will follow you for life, whether or not you are a member.
If you do not know your ADA number, please contact the ADA Member Service Center via chat. Advisors are available to assist you from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday. You may also contact the Member Service Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request PPE, click on the following link to register.
Access Registration for the FEMA PPE
You will be asked to:
1. Enter your ADA Number and your last name;
2. Confirm your information (pay close attention to the shipping address);
3. Confirm your request to receive 50 KN95 masks;
4. Confirm your request to receive an allotment of gowns;
5. Enter your payment information for your reimbursement fee(s)**.
The ADA and AAO strongly encourage you to complete your request immediately, as supplies are limited.
Orders will be processed in the order they are received. Following registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow up to 15 business days to receive your PPE.
If inventory is not available when you complete your request, you will be placed on a “waiting list” (back order) and informed of such. The ADA will send your PPE if and when we receive more product from FEMA. If additional inventory is not received, the fee(s) will be reversed on your credit card.
In the past few months, the ADA has distributed more than 2.5 million KN95 masks to 54,000 dentists from all 50 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In addition, the ADA has distributed almost 500,000 level 1 non-surgical gowns since late July. The ADA now seeks to distribute approximately 1.8 million more masks and 1.3 million more gowns.
*The ADA is not charging for the masks and gowns, as they were provided by FEMA at no cost. The ADA is not profiting on the PPE – but charging only to recoup actual costs to receive, re-package, ship via UPS through fulfillment partner PBD and credit card / processing fees as follows:
Masks: 50 Pack – $26.50
Gowns: 25 Pack – $31.25.